IPVideo Corporation has made it a mission to help society respond to active shooter incidents with the introduction of its Sentry ERS Lockdown and Emergency Response System, purpose-built for schools and campus environments. Active shooter situations are a horrible daily threat in society. Soft targets such as schools, university campuses, places of worship, grocery stores, hospitals, malls, movie theatres, and bars have all been targeted.
In response, the security industry has pushed out one complicated solution after another relying on victims maintaining their composure and dexterity during the crisis. Also, during an emergency, first responders rarely have eyes or ears in the lockdown area where it is needed most.
To help solve this challenge, IPVideo Corporation has introduced Sentry ERS, the first purpose-built lockdown system of its kind with K12 schools and campus environments in mind. With the simple push of the lockdown button on the base unit, the entire school lockdown protocol is initiated.
This includes door locking, PA announcements, and activation of strobe lights throughout a facility. Additionally, audible lockdown messages are played from the unit, location beacons are provided, police dispatch is notified, push notifications are sent out to security, administration, etc., and live audio and video communications are automatically established with first responders to assess and address the critical situation.
Each Sentry ERS unit comes with a dedicated mobile smartphone for those in distress to broadcast a secondary video stream and communicate with first responders live, providing all the latest real-time information at the scene.
“Our mission is always to make the world a smarter, safer, and healthier place,” said David Antar, President of IPVideo Corporation. David Antar adds, “We remain committed to providing facilities with advanced technology like the Sentry ERS Lockdown and Emergency Response System to help keep campus staff and first responders better equipped, protected, and prepared for crises of all magnitudes.”
Accurate and real-time information is paramount in active shooter situations. Sentry ERS is the only lockdown system providing comprehensive situational awareness in an emergency via video, two-way voice, text message, and GPS location.
With Sentry ERS, schools are benefiting by receiving:
• Faster responses to critical threats – Immediate alerts to police and initiation of lockdown protocols at the touch of a button. Alerts to in-school SROs can be triggered by gunshot detection, panic buttons, aggression detection, and spoken keywords.
• Better informed and prepared first responders – Superior incident awareness provided by an award-winning dashboard integrating video, voice, text, and GPS location data from classrooms and other areas where traditional video cameras cannot be deployed.
• Better informed teachers and other staff members – Thanks to direct voice and text communication with Security Operators via a dedicated app on Sentry ERS mobile devices and loudspeakers on Sentry ERS base units.
• Better emergency preparedness – Thanks to drill mode with reporting capability.
• Complete respect for privacy – No transmission of video, audio, or text until initiated by the teacher. No requirement to install the app on employees’ mobile devices.