AMG-Panogenics, the British manufacturer of sophisticated Megapixel cameras, has developed SmokeCam360 (camera embedded in a smoke sensor body) – an ideal solution for 360 degree fisheye camera implementations in sensitive environments such as care homes, hospitals, nurseries and more.
The market for SmokeCam360 is large and AMG has noticed an urgent demand for the feature/ functionality the solution offers. Care homes and other environments with vulnerable individuals have been clamouring for a covert solution which allows them to monitor individuals and leisure areas efficiently. SmokeCam360 outputs the full panoramic image for recording purposes, which can be combined with an integrated recording system to provide retrospective ePTZ. This effectively allows the user to go ‘back in time’ and follow subjects as if you were still viewing live. Having the full 360 degree view also means that a single camera can cover a large area thus reducing the number of cameras needed. This is quite significant for the market the camera is directed at, as this significantly reduces the investment required. AMG has further developed a low profile housing version for transport applications.
SmokeCam360 features include:
• 185° Fisheye Lens
• 10 user defined zones for Video Motion Detection alarms
• Built-in Video Motion Tracking allowing for multiple dewarped camera views to track multiple objects/individuals
• Alarm in/out
• Discrete smoke detector housing and low profile housing available for transport applications
• Full High Resolution 360° Image stream for post event analysis
• Wide area coverage with one camera, no blind spots, no moving parts
• Reduces camera count & infrastructure
• HTTP API and playback Software Development Kit (SDK) for easy integration with 3rd party NVRs and Video Management Systems
• In-camera branding for OEM opportunities