In order for businesses to thrive, they need to be able to properly analyze efficiency and performance. In an effort to improve-company wide store operations, Panda Restaurant Group, parent of Panda Express, Panda Inn and Hibachi-San, implemented 3xLOGIC’s VIGIL Trends Business Intelligence software to all of its North American locations. Said to be the largest family-owned restaurant in America, Panda Express has more than 2,000 stores globally, 35,000 associates and $3 billion in sales.
“As an industry leader, Panda Express’s culture sets an expectation of best-in-class results,” says Lyle Forcum, executive director of asset protection at Panda Express. “Accordingly, we needed a state-of-the-art business intelligence solution to provide us with truly actionable information. Intelligence we can act on is central to Panda’s business strategy, which focuses on meeting high standards through continuous operational improvement.”
Along with St. Louis-based integrator Interface Security Systems, 3xLOGIC worked with Panda Express to customize Trends to meet the company’s needs. Interface began system deployment in QI 2018 with the first location going live in March 2018. As of today, Trends is deployed at 1,960 locations and has been integrated with existing Interface video surveillance and alarm systems, according to the company.
“It was impressive that we were able to integrate Trends so seamlessly with existing intrusion and video systems,” says Sean Foley, senior vice president of national accounts at Interface Systems, “and the entire solution was rolled out without a single technician visiting any store.” In addition to loss prevention, 3xLOGIC says its BI software can improve operations by tracking and monitoring the following:
• People Development. Store managers are able to review all transactional behavior and address opportunity areas with employees within two days.
• Comparing Store Performance. The store managers’ Trends dashboard shows very clearly how the restaurant is performing compared to other stores in the region and to their prior month’s performance.
• Optimizing Store Efficiency. Trends visually displays how many people are working per hour, what job they are facilitating and the revenue generated per hour.
• Monitoring Intrusion Data. Trends provides intrusion data, which shows when stores are opened and closed, deliveries are made, cleaning is done and whether the store is being remotely armed and disarmed.
• Tracking Cash. Panda Express can track currency, how much is in the safe and when it was last counted, as well as petty cash spend along with scanned receipts for purchases.
• Custom Dashboards. The system provides an array of dashboards for all levels in the organization that give an at-a-glance or drilled-down overview of an employee’s priorities and responsibilities.